* On our trip to California I realized a couple things about Bryce. First, he loves to be outside. He's almost always calm and happy when we're outdoors. Second, he seems to enjoy new scenes, people, and places - as long as he's safely in my arms (he is a total mamma's boy). He likes to see new people and watch them and woo them with his dimply grin, but refuses to be held by others for more than a couple minutes.
* We still struggle with his daytime sleep. Some days are better than others, but he really fights sleeping which is frustrating (to put it mildly!). He will usually fall asleep in the jogging stroller when we're out "training," which is almost incentive enough to keep training! I keep thinking, "if only Bryce would take a couple good naps everything else will fall into place." Oh well. I suppose if naps are my main concern I have things pretty easy.
* Bryce LOVES to eat. I'm still taking the solid foods slowly, but I think he would eat all day, every day, given the chance. People keep telling me, "boys are vacuum cleaners!" I'm beginning to agree.
* Bryce seems to be surprisingly good at anticipating things. For example, he's almost always good in his car seat for about 20 minutes, but if the trip gets longer than that he typically starts crying. However, if I slow down or stop at a stop sign or red light, he will stop crying. When I again accelerate, the crying also begins again. I think he understands that when the car stops that usually means it's time to get out. He's a smart cookie.
* He sits up very well now and likes to play with (aka "eat") his toys. When put on his stomach he can spin himself in a circle, but he hasn't yet made any motions towards crawling. I have a feeling that he will be a much more content baby once he is able to move around on his own.
* Aubree and Bryce get along wonderfully, which makes me incredibly happy. Aubree wakes up every morning and asks to see and hold Bryce. The three of us cuddle in bed for a few minutes and Aubree will sing about how much she loves Bryce and what a great brother he is. She is rewarded with giggles and smiles (and sometimes pulled hair). It is one of my main goals as a mother to try to foster a strong relationship between Aubree and Bryce so it's thrilling when I see them interact in such a manner. I know it won't always be so great as Bryce gets older and there's more competition for toys and attention, etc..
* Speaking of Aubree, I was looking at pictures of her when she was six-months old and comparing them to how Bryce now looks. I don't think they look much alike. What do you think? Most people comment about how much Bryce looks like Mark.


* We still struggle with his daytime sleep. Some days are better than others, but he really fights sleeping which is frustrating (to put it mildly!). He will usually fall asleep in the jogging stroller when we're out "training," which is almost incentive enough to keep training! I keep thinking, "if only Bryce would take a couple good naps everything else will fall into place." Oh well. I suppose if naps are my main concern I have things pretty easy.
* Bryce LOVES to eat. I'm still taking the solid foods slowly, but I think he would eat all day, every day, given the chance. People keep telling me, "boys are vacuum cleaners!" I'm beginning to agree.
* Bryce seems to be surprisingly good at anticipating things. For example, he's almost always good in his car seat for about 20 minutes, but if the trip gets longer than that he typically starts crying. However, if I slow down or stop at a stop sign or red light, he will stop crying. When I again accelerate, the crying also begins again. I think he understands that when the car stops that usually means it's time to get out. He's a smart cookie.
* He sits up very well now and likes to play with (aka "eat") his toys. When put on his stomach he can spin himself in a circle, but he hasn't yet made any motions towards crawling. I have a feeling that he will be a much more content baby once he is able to move around on his own.
* Aubree and Bryce get along wonderfully, which makes me incredibly happy. Aubree wakes up every morning and asks to see and hold Bryce. The three of us cuddle in bed for a few minutes and Aubree will sing about how much she loves Bryce and what a great brother he is. She is rewarded with giggles and smiles (and sometimes pulled hair). It is one of my main goals as a mother to try to foster a strong relationship between Aubree and Bryce so it's thrilling when I see them interact in such a manner. I know it won't always be so great as Bryce gets older and there's more competition for toys and attention, etc..
* Speaking of Aubree, I was looking at pictures of her when she was six-months old and comparing them to how Bryce now looks. I don't think they look much alike. What do you think? Most people comment about how much Bryce looks like Mark.
4 comments:
They both have beautiful eyes.
Yes, Bryce looks more like Mark but that is a good thing because he has a handsome dad. :) And Aubree is looking more and more like you which is awesome as well. It is always interesting to see who the kid will look like.
Bryce is getting to big! I'm so sad we missed seeing you when you were out for the wedding! I can't wait to meet Bryce. Grace does just the opposite of Bryce when we're in the car - she cries when the car stops at signals because the motion of the car makes her go to sleep. Babies are funny with what they like and dislike, aren't they?
Isn't it funny how napping becomes THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER when you have little ones? I always struggle with the multiple-naps-per- day stage. I think it gets a lot easier when you can count on one solid (long) afternoon nap, which is where I'm at now. It's great!
Post a Comment