Friday, April 20, 2012

Another Brother

We had our 20-week ultrasound on Monday and our suspicions were confirmed... It's a boy!
We got a bunch of ultrasound pictures, but I've somehow misplaced them (thus we see that the poor 4th child is already getting the short end of the stick).  
Baby boy gave the ultrasound tech quite a difficult time.  Not in determining gender - that was plenty obvious - but he wouldn't hold still to get the rest of the necessary measurements and he kept kicking against the pressure of the wand.
And the family reactions?
Aubree was a bit disappointed, but she thought all along that the baby was a boy so it didn't take long for her to recover.  She just matter-of-factly informed us that, "the next one better be a girl."
I think the only one who was really surprised was Bryce.  "But," he argued, "we already have two boys."
As for me, having three boys in a row does seem a bit overwhelming, especially since our original "plan" was to have five girls, but mostly I'm excited.  Bryce and Thane are awesome, so I can only imagine this boy will be likewise.
But, I feel that I should let everyone know that this summer I plan to push "pause" on the aging of children in this family.  We're going to stick with the ages 6, 4, 2, and 2nd trimester for about 3 years.  Then we'll push "play" again.  So, don't be too concerned if this baby boy doesn't arrive as scheduled in early September.  ;)

6 comments:

Katherine said...

You can still have five girls...

Keith and Laura said...

So exciting!

Kevin and Lisa said...

Congrats! That is so fun!

Karen (but sometimes Chris) said...

I like Katherine's thinking-- mainly because she's right, but also because she isn't telling ME that.

Jenn Duncan said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys.

Corri said...

What fun! I can't wait to see what he will look like... like his brothers or maybe more like Aubree?